Things to Do and See on the Gold Coast
We have put together a list of major attractions, theme parks, shows and activities for you to enjoy during your holiday on the Gold Coast.
The choice is almost limitless – from high adrenaline activity, to plain old “R&R”, there’s more than something on the Gold Coast to suit all tastes and budgets.
We’ve classified some of the options into the following categories:
- Major Attractions – Theme Parks and Shows
- Other Attractions & Activities
Theme Parks and Shows
Theme Parks - the Gold Coast has seven of them:
- SeaWorld is quite near Surfers Paradise, in SeaWorld Drive, Main Beach
- Warner Bros Movie Worldis in the Oxenford- Coomera Theme Park Zone, about 25Klms from Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise.
- Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast is in the same Oxenford – Coomera Theme Park Zone, quite close to Movie World
- Dreamworld is about 4Klms north of Movie World, in the Oxenford – Coomera Theme Park Zone
- WhiteWater World is adjacent to Dreamworld
- Paradise Country is about 2Klm inland from Movie World and Wet’n’Wild
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is at Currumbin, about 6Klm north of Coolangatta and 16Klm south of Surfers Paradise.
All these major Attractions have a high level of audience involvement with rides, shows and exhibits.
Other Major Attractions
Other Attractions & Activities
Regular Shows or Dinner Shows
What’s on by Calendar
Sometimes, you don’t want to know what’s on at a given venue, but rather what’s on wherever.
Destination Gold Coast has the most eclectic range of things to do, presented by dates and covering all interests!
Then there’s the Gold Coast Gig Guide, telling you what’s on and when at just about every location that plays live music.
Add Event Finda to your discovery list and you have all bases covered.
Whale Watching – seasonal from late May to early November. There are at least 10 different operators from Coolangatta to Runaway Bay – just Google “Whale Watching Gold Coast”.
Canal cruising – with morning, lunch, afternoon, and dinner cruises available, there’s plenty of choice to suit all budgets and timetables. You can choose between purpose-built canal boats, venetian gondolas, or old-fashioned ferry style boats. Just Google “Canal Cruising”, or we like Seaworld Cruises.
Other Cruises – South Stradbroke Island; Sanctuary Cove and Coomera River; Tweed River.
Other Aqua Activity – Hire your own boat; Fishing charters; Jet Boat rides; Aquaduck Safaris; Jet Ski Safari;
To find out about other attractions and things to do, simply click on the links below:
Attractions in or near Surfers Paradise
Attractions in other parts of the Gold Coast
Major Shopping Centres
Family Car Rentals Reviewed on Google by 192 People. Rated 4.3/5