Area of Usage and Distance Allowances
Rental Vehicles can be driven within our designated vehicle usage zones in the Gold Coast and Northern NSW area.
All of our rental cars may be used in the Greater Gold Coast Area including Murwillumbah/Cabarita in the South (about 30klm south of NSW/QLD border) to Albert River near Yatala (about 10klm north of DreamWorld) in the North and including the Gold Coast Hinterland.
The Permitted Usage Zone can be expanded:
- To take in the Ballina/Byron Bay & Lismore areas add an extra insurance fee of $10 per rental period;
- To take in the Brisbane & suburbs area, including the Southern & Northern Moreton Bay areas add an extra insurance fee of $10 per rental period;
- To take in the Ballina to Brisbane area, add an extra insurance fee of $20 per rental period;
- To take in the Brisbane and Sunshine Coast area (Bribie Island to Noosa), including the Australia Zoo at Beerwah add an extra insurance fee of $20 per rental period;
- To take in the Brisbane and Toowoomba area, add an extra insurance fee of $20 per rental period;
- Ballina/Byron & Lismore to Noosa or Toowoomba is an extra $30 insurance fee, covering the entire rental term.
You can pre-book these expanded Usage Zones or simply use the Greater Gold Coast Area at no charge and phone our office to upgrade before you travel outside of the base area. Travelling outside of the Permitted Usage Zone as shown on the Rental Contract without prior arrangements with our office may invalidate your insurance arrangements for the entire rental term.
If you want to take your rental car to a location outside of these zones, give us a call, we might be able to arrange something - we will consider each proposition on its merits.
Car rentals of 4 days or more have an unlimited distance allowance within the permitted usage zone. Car rentals for 3 days or less are normally structured with a 150klm per day distance allowance (excess usage is $0.275 per km).
Family Car Rentals Reviewed on Google by 192 People. Rated 4.3/5